Fire in Kitchen at Kingsteignton, Newton Abbot

  Posted: 18.10.19 at 18:02 by The Editor

us on Facebook

Date: 18.10.2019
Time: 13:38
Location: Kingsteignton, Newton Abbot

Fire Engines from Newton Abbot and Torquay were mobilised to reports of smoke within a property in Kingsteignton involving the cooker within a ground floor kitchen.

The occupants were unable to leave the property due to mobility issues so suitable advise was given by Fire Control during the initial call. Crews were quick to arrive on scene and confirmed the fire was already out and all persons were safe. The fire involved a plastic kettle on the hob. One female was left in the care of the Ambulance personnel suffering slight smoke inhalation. The cause of the fire was believed to be accidental.


Local motorists are being advised to plan their journeys and parking as work is due to start on Monday 21 October to pave the way for a new hotel in T...